Soapbox vol. 1

Image result for getting on my soapbox



Okay so today I have gotten outraged 6 times already and its only 11am. Let me take ONE of those rants and shed some light on it.

"Being male has been identified as a risk factor for violent criminal behavior in several studies, as have exposure to tobacco smoke before birth, having antisocial parents, and belong to a poor family."  (I will refer back to this in a minute.) *

"Despite this availability to everyone (guns), murder is still a crime committed by men 90% of the time." *


Image result for jeff jefferies
 Jeff Jefferies has a comedy special where he talks about Americans and our guns..

-"In Australia, we had the biggest massacre on earth, and the Australian government went: "That's it! NO MORE GUNS." And we all went, "Yeah, all right then, that seems fair enough, really." Now in America, you had the Sandy Hook massacre, where little tiny children died. And your government went, "Maybe … we'll get rid of the big guns?" And 50 percent of you went, "FUCK YOU, DON'T TAKE MY GUNS."

He has a second part two that makes the best point, guns are cheap here.  If they were outlawed they are mighty expensive.  So if you are from a poor family which is usually a means for an identifier for one who has violent behavior as well as a male, LOOKIE here you likely can't afford a gun if they were outlawed.  I am not a radical person by no means, I just look at all these things and go huh, this is kinda crazy no?  Now, think about the streets of Chicago (southside), and if there was no guns to be had, or if they had to buy one and it cost $35,000 dollars... Bet the gang violence would go down a LOT.  Okay, maybe you don't like that  viewpoint.  Maybe you aren't affected in that sense, alright.

Gun control laws will never get amended.  I get it, but let me be real, politicians don't wanna sign a bill so that people on the terrorist watch list can't get guns???!!  OR about making restriction about people who have been diagnosed with mental health issues I don't know harder to get a gun?


Okay my rant on this is over.  I shall get off my high horse.  * Quotes were found in my book by Rebecca Solnit.


Comments

Popular Posts